Everyone knows that it’s a good idea to have a home inventory list. However, many homeowners and renters still don’t have one! To help you get started and motivate you to create or update your home inventory list, here are 5 reasons why it’s crucial to have one:
- After damages to your home or possessions, an accurate and detailed home inventory list can help you through the home insurance claim process easier. If you wait until after a disaster to think of all your possessions, chances are it will be time consuming and not easy to accurately estimate.
- The more precise you can be in your claim when reporting your possessions and what they are worth, the better! If you have documentation of your possessions and how much you paid for them in your inventory, you will run into fewer hassles when it comes to getting the proper amount of payment back.
- After a disaster or other major damages, you will want to have as much peace of mind as possible. Having an inventory list can help minimize the stress in the situation!
- Updating your list after each major purchase is a simple step that can really save you a lot of worry and hassle in the long run. It also makes it an easier list to compile if you consider it to be a work in progress that gets updated as new additions are added to your home.
- Your home inventory list can also help you in other situations, such as if you are moving, planning your estate, or need the information for tax purposes.
So, with all of these reasons and benefits, why delay making or updating your home inventory? A tip to make it easier for you is to focus on one room at a time, rather than trying to tackle your whole house or apartment. For more information about protecting your possessions and property, contact your Farmington Insurance agent today or fill out a free quote form on our website!